Sunday, February 14, 2010

Execration for Valentines Day.

Everyone is so quick to say they are over their ex, and that they will be fine without them.

"There are so many fish in the sea..."

People try to comfort you with silly quotes like that one, to which they are trying to say; Maybe that person was really nice, and was everything you liked, but there are billions of people out in the world, so I'm sure you'll find another one! But sometimes these words just don't do the trick, sometimes we are left with an unsettling feeling in our stomach.

Love is what you make of it. Even though if you peer into the dictionary you'll see an exact definition, it's interpreted differently everywhere. A mother's love is unconditional, no matter what you do in this world, your mother will always love you. There are families that have had to watch their siblings murder others, turning into serial killers. But when they show the mother, she'll still say "But I love him/her". Should a mother's love be correlated with any type of love, loving your sister, brother or perhaps your boyfriend or girlfriend?

Some will admit that they misused the word, in that if you love someone you should be willing to die for them, or rather do anything for them. But other's proudly say that Love is what they meant, and that is all they have to offer. Nothing but love.

It's hard to move on, on one had I want to say, screw you, good riddance and a whole bunch of other nasty snide comments. But before it comes to that I will rationalize by saying, why would you say that to someone you love.

"How did I become so obnoxious?
What is it with you that makes me act like this?
I've never been this nasty
Can't you tell that this is all just a contest?
The one that wins will be the one that hits the hardest
But baby I don't mean it" - Pink (Please Don't Leave Me)

So everyday I wake up, and I think, I don't need this person. But then one song comes on, and that's all it takes. Then the tears start falling, and all I can do is ask, what the hell was I thinking?

So all in all do I think that I can find someone else? Probably, but the real question is:

Do I want to settle for someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment