Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Eulogy.

After being asked by a few people I thought I'd post the speech I wrote for my brother, and read during his services.:

Jared Ian Mueller was born November 11th 1988 in Willingboro New Jersey. He attended The St. Paul’s school in burlington New Jersey until 6th grade when he moved to Delran and started to attend in the Delran school system. Upon going through the Delran Middle School Jared earned honor roll (achieved by earning nothing below an 80’ average). Jared Proceeded to graduate from Delran High School in June of 2007, aspiring to be a graphic designer.

He chose to attend BCC (Burlington County College) to take his academic classes. If you ever asked Jared what his favorite school subject was he would gladly answer with History. Wether it be, what year did watergate occur, or to explain the magic bullet theory from the kennedy assassination, he knew it all.

Some kids would be bored to death of learning about Spartans and Ancient Greece, but Jared was able to always dive into it, as if he was there, naming all of the different facts for you.

While attending the Delran Middle School the music teacher Mr. Dorfman introduced Jared to what would become his favorite band; The Beatles. It wasn’t before long that Jared was always wearing a T-Shirt, hanging posters in his room, purchasing every album, to finally my mom buying him a DVD that you can only get in Britain by the Beatles. He loved the beatles, and whenever Jared was feeling down, or happy, there was a beatles song to describe it.

Whenever any friends came over, Jared was the first one to offer them a drink, chips, cookies, or anything we had in the pantry. I always asked Jared to stop because he was really giving all of our food away, but I stopped saying that a while back because of the response I always got.

“Dylan, we have to let them take some food and drinks, because its the nice thing to do and then when we go over their house they can do the same for us”

He always told me to know when its appropriate to be funny; Almost like the time he told me “Dylan, never doubt a mother’s intuition” of course this was as we were playing a video game so I completely lost my focus from laughing so hard!

Whenever discussing friends around Jared, he always thought he had a small amount, but always told us (the family) “but we’re really close!” Jared and Brad Le Coney once went to Wawa and Jared told Brad he wanted to stay inside the car, so upon coming out Jared had been singing Leona Lewis at the top of his lungs with all the windows rolled down, and to top it all of had gotten three random people to sing with him.

Jared was always full of opinions, and always had something to say, but because he wanted to be nice to everyone he tended to hold back a lot. He always was willing to help out another friend before fixing his own problems. It was like he was trying to solve world hunger while fighting a war (with a different country) But no matter what, Jared would always listen, never judging you for what you had done or said.

One of Jared’s favorite broadway shows was Wicked, though he never had seen it, he had plans to and his sister Savannah would play the soundtrack religiously, and yes his favorite song was defying gravity. Whenever his friends would come over I would try and embarrass him by playing music from Wicked but he would actually make requests, and in most cases his friends loved the music too.

Jared was a great guy who had all of the qualities of a genuine, great person. He was a awesome brother, a good son, a friendly nephew, a happy cousin, but mostly the best friend you could ask for. And he will be missed very dearly. We all love you Jared, god bless.




I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Dylan, for posting this. I was very sad to have found out too late to attend the service; but you may rest assured Jared was one of my very favourite students, ever. He and I had this sort of bond (maybe over the Beatles, maybe over something else) that kept us on the same wave in most of the classroom discussions at DHS.

    I also feel very sad because I know I ought to have kept in better contact with Jared during the time after I left DHS. I know he was going through a lot of strife, with his girlfriend and other family issues, and I fault myself, in part, for not staying in touch. I believe that my approbation meant something to him-- his fondness for me definitely meant something to me, for sure.

    I am glad to see that you have an interest (and an aptitude) for writing, and I wish you well on it. Your brother, when he bothered to do the actual work, wrote very well. He had the sort of mind that a teacher comes upon only once or twice a year, unique and unforgettable. Not many teachers appreciate something like that; but I know I did. And I shall miss him for ever; but I hope I may look forward to seeing some of your written work as well.

    Do look me up on FB, if you are so inclined. I should very much like to know you better.

    God bless and the best of everything to you.

    J Cherubini
    aka Jonnie Comet' (FB & Twitter)

    ReplyDelete