Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Day.

While going through all of the ridiculous questions on FormSpring, I was finally challenged with a more reasonable question;

Do you have someone for valentines day, and if not, do you want someone?

Even though many people just give a quick answer to this website, in an effort to be as vague as possible, I try to give a complete answer for all the questions I'm asked. I'm not talking about the idea of restating the question in my answer for my complete answer (as your fourth grade english teacher would have you believe is a complete answer) but just answering all points of the question, and go as in depth as I can, without being over the top with my answers.

I knew at some point, someone was going to ask me this question, wether it was on
FormSpring, Facebook, text, or e-mail, someone was going to ask it, and even though I knew it was going to happen I was still caught off guard. If you're a close friend then you know this past week has been filled with what most people would refer to as "drama" or what I like to call "The Marathon of my fucking life" (Sorry about the profanity).

But in any case, many people will tell you that everyone is caught over-using the word "Love" and that we as people often throw it around as if it's some everyday thing (For lack of better phrasing). But in my defense, everyone is so quick to point out that you're too young to be in love, and that "you" don't know what love is, the first person you "fall in love with" isn't "the one" but just a stepping stone in life. But sometimes I just don't want to believe that.

I know it may sound unrealistic, but I'm a strong believe in love at first sight, and that everyone has someone in the world, and if you have found that person at age 18 rather then age 28 or as old as 58, then good for you.

"Life is a learning experience and sometimes we don't need as much practice as other people in order to get it right." - Dylan Mueller

So when this question was asked, I thought for a while, and if you'd take a look at my
Facebook information section you'll notice that my status is currently "It's complicated", when a couple of weeks ago it read "Engaged". Everyday I ask all of my friends and family for advice about my relationship, I've always been one to dispense advice but can't seem to take it.

Sometimes where we are at and where we planned on being, will never intersect.

So do I have someone for Valentines Day? I don't think so, and if I do then the communication between us is so broken, that I can't even think. For so long in my life I wanted to be in a "long term relationship" and I finally got a taste of that and it has come to an end (or so it seems). Even though I try to think that I'll find someone, and that eventually I'll find "The One" I can't help but think how I've already "Been there done that" and now have fucked that up.

“People so seldom say I love you And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, Only that I wish you didn't have to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment